Raisin & Pecan Stuffed Pears (4 servings)
- 4 Bartlett pears, ripe & firm
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 3 tbs. finely chopped walnuts or pecans
- 2 1/2 tbs. sugar
- 1 tbs. lemon juice
- Preheat the over to 350 degrees.
- Core pears from the bottom, leaving the stems intact.
- If a pear isn’t flat, cut a thin slice off the bottom.
- Combine raisins, nuts, sugar, & lemon juice in small bowl & mix.
- Fill the cavity of each pear, dividing the raisin mix equally.
- Place pears upright in a deep baking dish.
- Mix the water & corn syrup & pour over pears.
- Cover dish with foil & bake for about 1 hour until the pears are easily pierced with a fork.(time will depend on the ripeness of the fruit, so check every 15 minutes)
- Serve upright on a place or in a fruit dish and drizzle the sauce in the baking pan over the top of each pear.
Tags: breakfast, dessert, pears, recipes